Clorox Clean-Up Challenge

Now that the holidays are over, we’re partnering with Clorox to help you clean up! Our customers have told us in the past that Clorox products come in handy when those big messes happen. Clorox can help you with laundry, cleaning, and keeping your home and family healthy.  Tell us about your most memorable mess and how you were able to restore order!  We’ll choose three winners to each receive a $100 Price Chopper gift certificate.

We also know how important it is to keep your family healthy throughout cold and flu season.  Washing your hands often and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces can help slow the spread of cold and flu viruses.  Clorox disinfecting products such as Clorox® Regular-Bleach, Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, Clorox® Clean-Up Cleaner with Bleach, and many more, not only clean but also kill 99.9% of cold and flu viruses.* Stop by the pharmacy in your local Price Chopper for a free Clorox customized kit with samples and tips on how to disinfect your home and stay healthier this season. There are limited quantities of coupons for $1 Clorox wipes available at the pharmacy!

Make sure you check the coupon tab on our Facebook page later this week for hot offers on Clorox products!  There are also great savings on your favorite Clorox products like wipes, bleach and clean up spray in this week’s ad!  Read official rules here.

*Use products as directed on hard, nonporous surfaces. See label for organisms and more information.

One thought on “Clorox Clean-Up Challenge

1. Tanya Hartman
    January 9, 2012 at 3:05 pm

My most memorable clean up is when we were moving furniture around in our living room. It was so fun reorganizing the living room and giving it a new look… until…! We were moving the couch around all of a sudden heard CRASH!! We had no clue what had happened. So as we went to set the couch down we started to feel our toes get wet! We had crashed into the 80 year old HUGE glass barrel of red wine that had been passed down from family member to family member for the past 80 years!!! We were so heartbroken to find what we had broken, but also knew that we needed to hurry and clean it up! There must have been some 40+ gallons of wine in there. Not only was it bright red, it had been fermenting for 80 years. Do you know how long it took to get the vinegary smell out of our house!!?! Needless to say Clorox came through 🙂 After we wiped up all the wine, with countless number of towels… we then sprayed our entire floor with the clorox cleaner. Took care of the sticky mess like a charm! Still heartbroken that we had broken such a treasure… we decided to keep the top to the barrel for a keepsake. But, oh boy, What a mess!!

2. Heather Cote
    January 9, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Easter…. Egg dying got a tad bit messy. We had egg dye all over the table, the floor, clothes, and kids! Our 3 year old last year, spilled dye and it was a disaster!! Hopefully this year won’t be as messy. 🙂

3. christina sheldrick
    January 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm

when I came home from having my son and opened the door it was like a tornado had ripped through up and downstairs. My daughter and her family had moved back for a month and neither her or nor the kids helped pick up I literally almost turned around and went back to maternity it was that bad

4. January 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Flashback to Thanksgiving! I had a beautiful brand new white tablecloth, my two youngest guests aged 4 and 3 were sitting at the table alone chatting, and drinking juice! What kind of juice? GRAPE! One of the cups was knocked over and my white table cloth was now purple, and my hardwood floors did not look too great either. Since we had not eaten dinner yet, I just left the tablecloth as is, and chalked it up to a mishap and it could be replaced. My husband was frantic over the floors, and quickly mixed some Clorox Bleach and water, and mopped up the mess. The floors were not harmed and looked cleaner than ever. The next morning I looked at my table cloth again and said “what the heck.” I put some Clorox bleach on the large purple area, and tossed it in the wash – and voila not a stain to be seen! What amazed me was that I let it sit overnight before treating it! I guess I should thank Clorox, but I would have loved to buy a new tablecloth of another color! Thanks Clorox!

5. Vanessa Wheeler
    January 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm

biggest mess – my son had some sinus issues and having post nasal drip for over a week. well finally caught up and was bothering his stomach. gave him some mucinex syrup and well low and behold he projectile vomited all over the kitchen…. on the cabinets, floor, stove.. you name the items in your kitchen and they were hit. there was a huge puddle on the floor. he looks up and says wow i feel much better as we stand there amongst the mess. go takes a shower and is clean but we are left with the cleanup in the kitchen. time for clorox… floor cabinets, sink and everything! nice to have good cleaning supplies to bring the kitchen back to normal!

6. Jenni Mierzejewski
    January 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Our most memorable mess had to be Valentine’s Day two years ago. My girls and I love to make all of their grandparents and aunts big, decorated homemade valentines. By the time we are usually finished, we have a table and the floor beneath it covered in pieces of paper, fabric, glitter, and stickers. The mess is usually manageable with a can of clorox wipes. Those things get everything up, smell great, and disinfect. We just love them. However, they didn’t come in handy that year when we glued Mom’s body parts together. While trying to create a masterpiece, I took out a tube of krazy glue. I told my girls I was the only one allowed to use it because it could be dangerously sticky. Somehow, while using this glue, I tried to push my hair away from my face and managed to glue my hand to my forehead in a salute position. It wouldn’t come off! I had to research how to unglue ones self online, and ended up having no luck. Hours later, still saluting, I ended up in the emergency room, still covered in glitter and paper, still saluting. They got my hand off, but I had a big red mark on my head for a month and had to constantly repeat my embarassing story. A couple years later, I can laugh it off and remember what it was like to have the biggest arts and crafts disaster ever!

7. sherry gallione
    January 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I love the clorox cleanup. I wipe down my counters with it and wipe out my kitchen sink. LOVE IT!! I also use the clorox toilet bowl cleaner it makes my toilet bowl shinyand sparkle clean.. O and I cant forget my clorox in my laundry 1 cup is all you need my soxs come out white as clouds.

8. DawnMarie Crake
    January 9, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Our home took almost 3 feet of water during September flooding here in West Pittston, PA. We are still cleaning items in the hopes of saving them instead of needing to replace them. We are also still discovering “missing” items that were claimed by the flood. In addition to the regular maintenance of daily life, we need to clean after the repair processes; these will hopefully be completed by June, 2012.
    For many of these tasks, the Clorox wipes are especially helpful. I have found that they are often the only way to remove the “flood mud film” that lingers on plastic items. The big plus is that I can be sure that the items are completely disinfected and safer to use.
    Thank you for your consideration.

9. Maggie
    January 9, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I don’t think we ever have an off-season of messes in our house! With 3 kids under 5 the cleaning never stops. My favorite mess was when my 2 year old daughter used strawberry yogurt to make an ice skating rink on the kitchen floor. We absolutely love the Clorox disinfectant wipes, work great for door knobs, light switches, remotes, they definitely keep the germs to a minimum in our house 🙂

10. January 9, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Most Memorable mess-We had some paint testers and our darling child decided that it was a good idea to “paint his walls” before we got out of bed. He spilled the brown color as well as the dark blue all over the floor near the stairs. He TRIED to clean the mess before we got up with a towel, but there was still paint everywhere. Restoring order? Well, that would be with a bottle of pledge and some scouring pads. We had to get the paint off the floor. Our floors were beautiful because of the pledge and quite slippery afterward! But you haven’t lived until you’ve seen your hardwood floor turn khaki and blue!

11. Catherine Campbell
    January 9, 2012 at 3:48 pm

My biggest mess was when I was about to serve dinner to my family and guests. I had cooked beef stroganoff in a large electric frypan and had unplugged it to carry to the table. I tripped over the rug by the stove and the liquid stroganoff went all over the floor, cabinets and the chairs my guest were sitting in. After the cry, I went and got my Clorox Clean Up to clean it up! We ordered pizza!

12. Earl
    January 9, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I wish I could say one of my kids made my most memorable mess … but no… Guilty! This past summer I had strategically balanced our cooler on the corner of our dining table (after being told not to) and it fell. Ketchup, soda, and potato salad all over . It took a lot of mopping, spraying, wiping, and apologizing to get that cleaned up. I don’t think my family would be half as healthy as we are without Clorox products. My favorite tip is soaking the toys in a little bleach water whenever one of the kids are sick. It really helps to keep anyone else from getting it!

13. allison
    January 9, 2012 at 3:59 pm

The worst moment for me was when my oldest daughter was 18mo and i left my husband to get her to take a nap while i went to price chopper for my weekly gracery trip. I was gone slightly over an hour and when i came back he told me she aas sleeping. No sooner did he say that, that i could hear her footsteps across the upstairs floor.

I walked up the stairs and caught her running from the spare room to her room. When she saw me she laughed, screamed and slammed her door shut. I giggled and opened her bedroom door. At thwt moment i didnt know whether to laugh, cry, scream or beat my husband. She never fell asleep when he laid her down when i left. She had done #2 in her diaper. She was keeping herself occupied by smearing it all over everything. She smeared it in the rug, o. The walls

• allison
      January 9, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Walls, stuffed animals. Then she decided that desitin was the right answer. Smeared that along with #2 all over. I have never down so much laundry in my life. Needless to say that she got a new throw rug for the center of the room, got rid of some stuffed animals and disinfected the crib, walls, hard toys, flooring and anything else i could find. And of course the first thing i washed was her! Lol. She thought it was the funniest thing, looking back now i think its funny but didnt at the time.

Everyone gets a kick out of this story when i tell it. And was “noted” in her baby book. Hubby never lives it down 4 kids later. :D. Have a great day. 🙂

14. Becky Hartwell
    January 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm

This day began like any other day in a house with a busy 2 1/2 year old (almost 3)….or maybe not! Our son has been known to get into some serious mischief…He was just potty trained so when he woke up he said good morning and went into the washroom. The toilet flushed as usual (his favorite part)so I went about my business to begin making breakfast. Then after too much silence down the hallway I went to investigate….Ughhhh vaseline coated his body and my bathroom (floor, cupboard, toilet) and it was topped with baby powder (cause maybe that would help clean it????) So I did what any mother would do….wait on the mess, and get him cleaned first before he touched anything else…only to find out the park we lived in was doing work and turned off the water for 6 hours…..hmmmmm….i guess i should have read that orange notice i received earlier that week. So My friend came and picked him up (rescued a mommy having a bad morning) and took care of cleaning him at her house. Did I mention how hard vaseline is to get out of a childs hair. Then…..CLOROX to the rescue with very little water at my disposal !!! I used several products for various things and it cut through the grease wonderfully! I love Clorox products for every room in my house….whether it is for an everyday clean up or MY EVERY DAY clean ups (which tend to be somewhat over the top with 2 young kids in my home)

15. Carol
    January 9, 2012 at 5:29 pm

This is really funny. I was jut writing the worse mess ever and my son in come in from school. He passed by said hi, and went right to his room, as he walk in he said are you kidding me, really. I was surprised because I just had folded his clothes earlier and put on his bed, somehow I though he was complaining that I didn’t put his clothes away (teenagers). I got a really mad and went to see what was going on, oh well, our cat got sick and pucked everywhere in his room, including the clean clothes. My son is so mad right now!!! He almost had to puck too. I can’t stop laughing, so funny that my biggest mess end up being when I was writing a comment about a different mess . I better go clean up. Clorox here I come!!! 🙂

16. Cheri Destito
    January 9, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I have licensed Group Family Daycare ,so Clorox is a staple in this house ! But I must say that the flu and virus season is the worst for myself. Children spread germs easily and thank god for Clorox when someone comes down with the bug. It helps kill the germs and helps to prevent spreading. I use a mixture of clorox and water daily to disinfect all surfaces in my Daycare and also in the diapering/toilet area. Clorox is also used in my kitchen for cooking surfaces . We also soak the childrens toys in a diluted mixture of clorox and water. All of these uses help me to maintain a pretty healthy environment for all these beautful children ! The wipes are great too and I am grateful for the recent coupons from Price Chopper ! Thank you !

17. Tarrah M
    January 9, 2012 at 6:06 pm

A few Christmases ago my 2 year old son thought our tree needed snow and used the baby powder to cover every bulb he could reach. Even after vacuming everything off including the vacuem itself I thought it was cleaned up. NOPE! Everytime we walked by the tree a little snowstorm sprinkled down on the floor.

18. January 9, 2012 at 6:47 pm

A few weeks ago I was watching my 14-mo old twins & my 3.5 yr old. My 3.5 yr old needed to lay down for his nap. In a matter of minutes my twins made a huge mess!!! There aren’t very many things that I keep within their reach beyond books and toys. I must have forgotten the baby powder & when I came around the corner it looked like snow! They had “puffed” it until it was empty. Then, I couldn’t see them but I could hear them. They were both giggling, sitting behind the lazy boy chair, pulling Kleenex out one by one! Stinkers! So, I laughed with them & we finished off the box of Kleenex & then I used my Clorox wipes to clean up the powder. Fun, messy day! Lesson learned!!!

19. Regan Campbell
    January 9, 2012 at 7:37 pm

My most memorable clean up would be this Christmas when trying to transfer the turkey from the oven to the table when it slips off the platter and on to the dining room rug and the dog gets a hold it and drags it across the room. Thank goodness for the help of Clorox or we would still be smelling turkey to the day.

20. Julie Browne
    January 9, 2012 at 11:58 pm

My most memorable mess was when I decided to make Cream of Tomato Soup from scratch. I was making grilled cheese for dinner & we always have Campbell’s Cream of Tomato Soup with it. I didn’t have any & didn’t want to go the store. So, I found a recipe & decided to try it. The recipe tells you to cook down the tomato’s 1st & to put it in the blender to puree. Well, I tried this. As soon as I put the cover on the blender & turned it on, the cover shot off & tomato soup splattered over my entire kitchen!!. What a mess!! I was so upset. With the help of Clorox Cleanup, I was able to scrub my kitchen clean, so I thought. I was finding splatters in different spot for the next couple of weeks. Even with it hardened, Clorox Clean up worked wonders for me. I always have several Clorox products to do my cleaning.

21. January 10, 2012 at 9:09 am

I was volunteering at a local camp for children with critical illnesses. It’s a truly inspiring place to be at all times, but I will never forget this one day. I was staying with the oldest girls cabin, and the different cabins will some times play pranks on each other. After breakfast that morning, the girls stayed behind in the mess hall and decided to TP the oldest boys’ cabin’s table. The girls had a blast! They were throwing toilet paper rolls over the rafters and stringing it underneath the chairs. What a memorable sight that was! The girls all posed for a picture in front of their work and went off to their regular morning activities.

Needless to say, the boys were a little shocked when they got to lunch. However, it didn’t take them long to plot their revenge. The oldest kids are always the last ones in the mess hall. Right as the girls were finishing up, a few of the boys and counselors from the TP’d cabin snuck out the back of the mess hall and on their way out, grabbed a few rather large bowls that were just taken off the salad bar filled with lettuce. They came in the front door and dumped them over the heads of a few of the girls and the counselors. What happen next is the really memorable part.

FOOD FIGHT! At first the counselors hesitated, but then saw how happy the children were and just joined in the fun. I distinctly remember looking down the barrel of an oncoming mustard stream. Those kids had the time of their lives. They were laughing and playing; all harmless fun. The entire time I was there, I had never seen more smiles. The counselors broke it up after a few minutes and all the kids went off to take showers and get themselves cleaned up, smiling and skipping off to their respective cabins, both sides declaring their victory.

Now that was a MESS! It took us until dinner to get that place almost clean. There were some mash potatoes on the ceiling that may very well still be there to this day! We definitely used our fair share of Clorox products that day. We went through two giant containers of wipes alone. The best part though was we used the toilet paper the girls had used that morning to help clean up. That was most certainly my most memorable and joyous mess!!

22. Jill Jacobson
    January 11, 2012 at 5:36 pm

My most memorable clean up challenge was when I had let my new puppy in the backyard to play this winter and I did not realize that the snow had melted because it was such a warm day until after he was let in the house. All I saw was mud and paw prints everywhere I looked. I finally found him covered in mud. So the first thing I did was throw him in the bath tub and scrub him clean and then locked in the cleanest room so I could begin to attack the house with Clorox wipes in hand. It took me quite a while to clean up all the rooms, the kitchen being the worst but it looked like the crime never happened and all was well. The house smelled and looked great. We now check him over before we let him in the house. Clorox products saved the day and I always keep them on hand.

23. Ilyssa
    January 12, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Last year, the day before St. Patricks Day, my family decided to “Catch a Leprechaun.”

My 8 year old son and 4 year old daughter decorated a shoe box with glitter, stickers, markers, paint and more. I think more glitter and paint ended up on the floor than the box! Next we made a few signs, so the Leprechaun would know where the “gold” was. (“Gold this way! *with a big arrow pointing to our box*). We also made a huge rainbow, that hung just above our shoe box, to complete the shoe box trap!

The box was propped up with a stick and we all went to bed to see if we would find a tiny new friend in the morning.

When we woke up “the leprechaun” left a huge mess of gold glitter (“he” must have had at least two shakers full of glitter all over the floor), chocolate coins, a few REAL coins and some lucky shamrock stickers! We didn’t catch him but he left a wee bit of his treasure for our efforts.

Unfortunetly, the “leprechaun” left the chocolate coins a little too close to the heating vent and most of them melted right into the carpet! What a mess! Add a few cups of glitter to this mess and you have a very sparkly problem on your hands!

I vaccuumed up the glitter and used some paper towels to clean up the chunks of chocolate. Then I used some Clorox wipes to get the chocolate color (and smell) out of the carpet fibers. A little scrubbing and a little elbow grease and the carpet was back to new… with the exception of stubborn glitter that hid in the carpet for months!

It was worth the mess to see the look on the kids faces when they discovered the treasure! 🙂

24. Jamie Ramirez
    January 13, 2012 at 12:16 pm

My most memorable clean up was when my husband and children went on vacation for a week one summer. It was the end of July and we were leaving our oldest daughter home because she had to work and she was going to watch the dogs. We worried about out of control parties and things of that nature but NEVER imagined what we would come home to!!…She decided one night while doing laundry in the basement to unplug the deep freezer and plug in her cell phone charger to charge her phone while she listened to music doing her laundry. She never plugged the freezer back in. This freezer was stocked with meat…including a 20 pound turkey! Remember this was the end of July! It was hot! This freezer sat for a week unplugged! When we came home and I opened that basement door I was almost sick. The turkey literally exploded and it took me almost a week to get the smell of all the rotten meat out of that freezer and basement. Thanks to CLOROX!!!! I went through tons of it! I don’t think I will ever forget that smell and what I had to go through to get it out. LOL. We laugh about it now…and you should see how paranoid I am about making sure that freezer is plugged in at all times!

25. Ronnie
    January 15, 2012 at 11:24 am

This is an easy one. This past christmas I was baking (trying) cookies and with limited space had flour spread on the surface. I turned my back for just a minute (a MINUTE) and I had paw prints in the flour, on the floor and down the rugs. Yup! My 2-cats that think they’re still kittens got into it. I use Clorox for everything, and in minutes had it all cleaned up.
    Oh – I did make the cookies too. (after I locked them up in a bedroom!!)

26. January 18, 2012 at 11:00 am

Congratulations to our winners Paul, Jamie and Cindy!

27. Jamie Ramirez
    January 18, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Thank you so much!!!!! So excited!