Hats off to the Grads!

157045215

Graduation season is here and we couldn’t think of any better way to congratulate the graduates than with cake!  Tell us about the grad in your family and you could win a custom cake from our bakery department and $100 Price Chopper gift card to throw your graduation party!B12grad

Leave your comment below and on our Facebook page by Sunday, June 9th to be entered.  One winner will be randomly selected to win a gradation cake from their Price Chopper bakery and $100 to help you shop for party essentials!  Read official rules here.

One thought on “Hats off to the Grads!

1. Kerri
    June 6, 2013 at 10:52 am

Price Chopper is #1

2. Tarrah M
    June 6, 2013 at 11:01 am

We have two kiddos graduating this year. One from preschool and one from kindergarten. I know in comparison to high school and college these graduations seem small but they are momentous to us and our lives. It’s their right of passage from being little kids to independent students with their whole academic future still fresh, new and laying before them.

3. Kerri
    June 6, 2013 at 11:03 am

My daughter Ellie will be graduating from 8th grade on June 20th. She is a hard worker and a kind and caring friend. We are so proud of her.

4. Denise LaBarron
    June 6, 2013 at 11:06 am

I have not one but 3 graduates this year. My 18 year old triplets will graduate from high school on June 22 and I couldn’t be prouder of the wonderful young adults that they have become 🙂

5. Kris kretzdchmar
    June 6, 2013 at 11:10 am

My grad is my soon to be 5 year old. He’s the baby of the family and is finishing up pre k. It’s amazing to see how much he has grown and changed in the past 10 months.

6. Kelly kirnon
    June 6, 2013 at 11:18 am

Soooo very excited for my son’s high school graduation. He’s so busy & I barely see him these days, I just want everything to be PERFECT. What better way them a cake from Price Chopper….YUMMMM

7. Patty
    June 6, 2013 at 11:19 am

It is a big, exciting year for us. It’s not our first graduation, but it is our first triple. We have 3 fabulous children graduating this year. We have a daughter graduating from high school who plans on attending college locally, a daughter graduating from middle school (8th grade)who will then attend the high school and a son graduating from elementary school (4th grade) who will then attend the middle school. While it’s an exciting time, it’s also bittersweet. We have been part of our wonderful elementary school for the past 18 years having sent all 6 of our children to school there. While we continue in the school district, the elementary school holds a special place in our hearts.

8. Melinda Fonda
    June 6, 2013 at 11:25 am

My oldest son Tanner is graduating from Kindergarten on June 20th at Lisbon Central School!

9. Joan Myers
    June 6, 2013 at 11:36 am

Our son is graduating from High School in a week. He has worked hard and maintained a high GPA of 3.96. Last May (2012) he got really ill and was finally diagnosed in October of 2012 through a series of tests and biopsies. He lost a tremendous amount of weight but he kept on going and kept his GPA up and did all of his homework and tests. He has finally turned a corner on his health and is on the road to recovery. He has been accepted into the college of his choice in a major where only 10% of those that apply are accepted. He was one of the first accepted. We are so proud of him and excited to see him graduate – his graduation will also take place on his 18th birthday. The cake and $100 gift certificate would be most welcome in giving him a great graduation party (as we have doctor/hospital bills to pay). Thank you for considering us.

10. Terrie Giorgio
    June 6, 2013 at 11:43 am

I am so thrilled my 3rd child is graduating from high school in 10 days. I could not be more proud of her and her achievements she has made over the years. We have loved watching her play soccer and going to states for the past few years. She has had good grades and is just a great out going person that anyone would want to be around. She is signed up to go to a local college in the fall. I also have my 5th child graduating from the 8th grade. Her and I are both thrilled she will be moving up into the high school and are looking forward to a nice change. I couldn’t be more proud of my children and all of their accomplishments.

11. Keri
    June 6, 2013 at 11:44 am

My son graduates from Pre-K next week. In his first five years, he has lost his sister and his grandmother, and he survived the flooding in 2011 that devastated our house. He’s an amazing boy who is so looking forward to kindergarten in the fall. Here’s hoping his next five years are filled with nothing but joy!

12. June 6, 2013 at 11:51 am

Emily Tarjick, my great-granddaughter is graduationg from Hoosuc Valley HS in Cheshire, MA. Emily is the oldest of 6 children. She has earned 4 scholarships, including a full scholarship to Westfield (MA) State. She has been accepted into their Honors program. While in 11th gradee, she won 1st place for poetry in the county-wide Edith Wharton Writing Competition. The is a member of her high schools track team. Our family is so proud of her accomplishments and the example she sets for her younger siblings and cousins.

13. Joan
    June 6, 2013 at 11:59 am

Our first daughter will be graduating from Colonie Central High School. We are are very excited for her future. She will be attending College in the Syracuse area, and the Party Planning is in progress. Platters and fruit will be ordered from Colonie Price Chopper, would love too add a delicious Cake !

14. Gina McClelland
    June 6, 2013 at 12:08 pm

My nephew is graduating from High School this year and will be attending TC3 College in Cortland, NY. He is a very good kid graduating with high honors, 5th in his class, he holds down a job and plays many sports. We could not ask for a better kid. We are having a graduation party next Friday night for him and the cake would be a great accent

15. erin mcmanus
    June 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Our son is graduating from high school this year. He is in the top 25 of his class. He will be attending college in the fall. He has become a responsible man with a good heart. He has helped the family out alot with our landcsape business when his father was ill.

16. Mechelle Morse-Dembro
    June 6, 2013 at 12:15 pm

My son who is 18 will be graduating from High School. I raised my son on my own for many years because his father did not want anything to do with him. After all these years he and I have been very close. I have been there to most of all his games and raised him with morals and manners. He has been very successful during his years at high school. Lead athelete in Lacrosse and Hockey. Colleges want him for both. He does many hours of community service around the state and just recently went down to West Virginia to help build homes with habitat for humanity. If there was ever a person I look upto it would be my son. He has proved without a doubt if you believe in your dreams they do come true! I am so proud to be his mother and I love you!

17. Gina
    June 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm

My son Tyler will be graduating on Saturday, June 8th! He is the oldest and therefore the first in the family to graduate. It seems like yesterday bringing him to school for the first. He is such an amazing young man and I couldn’t be prouder of him. He will be attending college in the fall and starting a life for himself. He is very talented and excited for his future. I will be getting a Price Chopper cake regardless if we win or not. All my cakes come from PC. Thanks for the opportunity for a free one!

18. ro epatton
    June 6, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Roe Patton. Hats off to my nephew, and God son, Travis Cichocki. He is graduating from high school on June 22, 2013. Travis is a very talented, sensitive young man whom I love, and admire deeply. He has faced many obstacles in his young years. Including the loss of multiple Grandparents, and other family members. In a more recent, tragic accident, his cousin, and idol was suddenly taken from him. We are a very close family, and these losses greatly impacted all of our lives. Still, overcome with grief, Travis surged on, determined to do his best. He has had to overcome a learning disability, as well as physical and phsychological road blocks. He has had many challenges, but still he excelled in his sports and academics; especially in the field of science. A couple of years agon, Travis was chosen out of all his classmates to particpate in the SUNY Nano-Tech summer internship program. With the assistance and research department, he was involved in the development of a bio-degrable plastic. They knew he was the right man for the job. I am so very proud of my nephew and what he has accomplished thus far. He will surpass all of life’s future expectations as he embraces his own capacity, and truly sees himself as a winner, as do I. Even if he does not win this honor from Price Chopper, he is already a winner to me! Congratulations Travis, I LOVE you a million times and back again….Aunt Roe

19. Staci Miller
    June 6, 2013 at 2:24 pm

My son, Steven graduates from High School this year. He’s worked very hard to maintain good grades while he’s also been employed part-time to help pay for college. My husband & I are 2 very proud parents!

20. Semira
    June 6, 2013 at 3:20 pm

My sister Alma is graduating from CCHS this year! We’re so excited to support her on her way to nursing school in the fall!

21. Karen Junco
    June 6, 2013 at 4:07 pm

My son is graduating high school in two weeks and we are sooooooo excited. Can’t wait to start planning his party!

22. Kate
    June 6, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Our grad is my husband – after his Bachelor’s Degree he worked for a few years, but then he went back to school and just earned his Master’s Degree. I’m so proud of him!

23. Michelle R
    June 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm

My son is graduating from 8th grade into High School. We are so proud of him…played three sports, competed in the school spelling bee, perfect attendance, made honor roll all year and served in the community. Great time for celebration.

24. Erin Pierone
    June 6, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Lauren Elizabeth Keenan is graduating in a couple weeks! She is the most caring thoughtful and spontaneous girl in the world…she takes care of her whole family and makes me soo pround each and every day! This would help a great deal in planning a graduation party for her to remember!

25. Rich
    June 6, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Two close to me are graduating: One from college and off to Law School and the other from High School and planning on attending HVCC. Time to Par-Tah!!

26. connie
    June 6, 2013 at 9:46 pm

My grad just finished OCC and is on to his Bachelor’s degree! It hasn’t been smooth or easy -but we’re on our way!!!

27. Katie
    June 6, 2013 at 10:10 pm

I have TWO graduates in my family. My mom, (65 years old by the way!) just graduated with her Bachelors degree. She graduated 2nd in her class and as the oldest student! She is very proud of this accomplishment. After having 7 children (and 5 grandchildren) she was ready to do something for herself. Also, my stepdaughter is graduating from middle school in a couple of weeks and will be moving on to High School….dun dun dun dun..!!!! This is a very big and exciting transition for her. Ironically enough, my stepdaughter and I live right next door to my mother, so ONE big graduation party is in order!

28. June 6, 2013 at 10:46 pm

My daughter Danya graduates from high school next Saturday (June 15). Despite losing her father to cancer during her freshman year, and suffering through major family financial setbacks following that, she persevered, getting solid grades, working hard at both school and her job, getting financing for a car and paying it off herself while carrying a full-time courseload, taking part in extra-curriculars, volunteering and working an internship, and being president of her senior class. She will be attending college this fall and hopes to become a public defender some day. No mom was ever more proud of a child.

29. Colleen (Magda) Maloney
    June 7, 2013 at 6:25 am

My little boy is graduating! (Am I really that old?) I couldn’t Because he is on the autism spectrum we had to continually fight to get him taken as a serious student. He was told he could not handle a full high school work load and was not a good candidate for college. He proved them all wrong and excelled in his studies and is now prepping for college.I couldn’t be more proud!

30. June 7, 2013 at 5:14 pm

My son is going to Worcester Polytechnic institute in Worcester Mass, it is a great city and we already found a Price Chopper down from the campus. We were also advised that WPI shuttles the students to Price Chopper during the week. This will be great to help keep the costs down.

31. June 7, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Awe, my Cainnan! Where do I even begin? He is my pride and joy! It is hard to believe that he is graduating from High School on June 22nd! I was very, very young when he was born and it was just the two of us for 15 years! He has always been my little helper and now he’s one of my closest friends. Even when he was little he seemed to know that he was the ‘man of the house’ and he would do things to be helpful, without even being asked. For instance, while waiting for the school bus he would shovel the driveway, clean the snow off my car or come home from school and mow the lawn. He is also very helpful to the people in our tiny little town. He is always mowing lawns for our elderly neighbors (always refusing payment) or cutting and stacking wood for them. At the end of August he is moving to Georgia to go to Lineman School. I am going to miss him like crazy, but I’m excited for him and this great adventure he’s about to go on! My son Cainnan is a wonderful, awesome boy and I could not be more proud of him!

32. Joanne
    June 7, 2013 at 11:53 pm

My 18 year old baby girl will be graduating from high school on June 22nd. She was in for a tough time from the day she was born, she had 3 older brothers. Living with 3 boys, she put up with lots of rough & tumble stuff with them, but she still was my little girly girl for awhile. To persevere through the sudden loss of her oldest brother when she was 11 years old is just beyond words. We are so very proud of all of her accomplishments !!

33. Melanie Keator
    June 8, 2013 at 8:02 am

My daughter Chelsea is graduating this year. She is planning on moving to North Carolina with her brother after she works 2 jobs to earn the money for the move. After a year when she has her residence she plans to go to her dream college UNC in Wilmington for Journalism.