If you are like me, then the first half of 2015 has gone by faster than the blink of an eye and you’re in the last minute scramble for 4th of July plans. It’s absolutely insane that the year is already half over and the 4th is the perfect excuse to have friends and family get together. The 4th of July brings up memories of backyard barbeques featuring hamburgers, hotdogs, and the biggest watermelon I could find at the store. Now, even though the traditional favorites and flavors take us back to our most cherished memories, it’s fun to add a twist to these staples to create new memories. Even though creating new dishes sounds like it would be a challenge, I’ve collected some of my favorite summer Bar-B-Q recipes below and if I can make them, you can too- trust me. Some of the recipes only have two steps! How can you go wrong with that?
Hot Dogs Topped with Baked Beans and Onions
- Ball Park® Angus Beef Franks
- Baked Beans, heated
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- French Fried Onion rings
- Crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- Hot dog buns
- Prepare franks according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Fill bun with frank, heated baked beans, cheese onion rings and bacon. Serve immediately.
- ½ lb watermelon, cubed
- ¼ lb feta cheese, cumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 3 oz arugula
- Ken’s® Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently toss with Ken’s® Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette.
Find more creative ways to use Ken’s® dressing here!
- 2 lbs Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef (80/20)
- 1 large onion, finely diced (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse kosher sald
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 8 oz thick cut bacon, hand diced
- 4 oz grated cheddar
- 6 onion burger buns
- Sauté onion in butter one to two minutes on medium-high heat until transparent. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add barbeque sauce, Worcestershire, ancho, salt and pepper. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- By hand, combine ground beef, bacon and cheese with onion mixture. Form into six patties and grill over medium heat until internal temperature is 160°F.
- Suggested toppings – Grilled red onion, more bacon, barbeque sauce, potato chip
Not sure what exactly Certified Angus Beef ® is? You can find out here.