Written by Sara Lilkas, Marketing Intern
Now that we can put the frightening antics of Halloween behind us we can focus on the upcoming holiday and winter season. Even though I am not a fan of the inevitable snow storms that come along with living in the Northeast, I am a fan of the seasonal flavors breweries put out for the holiday and winter season. This November we have a spectacular preview of winter flavors put out by a variety of different brewers.
We are happy to welcome the Chatham Brewery, a local favorite out of Columbia County! They will be featuring their brew Farmer’s Daughter during their Growler Station debut. Farmer’s Daughter is a Rye India Pale Ale featuring rye malts from Hillrock Farm Distillery. Chatham Brewery’s Farmer’s Daughter is a locally brewed beer from start to finish!
- November 12th 2015, from 4-6pm at Market 32 in Wilton, NY and Price Chopper in Malta or Route 50 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
- November 13th2015, from 4-6pm at Market 32 in Clifton Park, NY, Market Bistro in Latham, NY or Price Chopper in Bethlehem, NY.
Leinenkugel’s Big Eddy Cherry Doppelschwarz is an Imperial Schwarzbier featuring chocolate and coffee flavors, balanced off with cherries. The various flavors present in this brew, makes it perfect for the holiday season!
- November 13th,2015 from 4-6pm at Market 32 in Wilton, NY or Price Chopper in Bethlehem and Malta, NY.
- November 14th,2015 from 2-4pm at Market 32 in Clifton Park, NY, Market Bistro in Latham, NY or Price Chopper on Route 50 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Our friends at Magic Hat are at it again with their Feast of Fools Raspberry Stout. The name of this brew dates back to Medieval Times and the celebration of the winter solstice. The seasonal brews of the past may be long gone, but the Feast of Fools is an ode to a time where you couldn’t just switch on a light. The Raspberry Stout reflects the long winter nights and the sweetness of the holiday season.
Try Magic Hat’s Feast of Fools Raspberry Stout:
- November 14th, 2015 from 11am-2pm at Market Bistro, Latham, NY, Market 32 in Clifton Park and Wilton, NY, or Price Chopper in Malta, Bethlehem, or Route 50 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Thanks to Samuel Adams we have a special early release of the Grapefruit Rebel IPA this November! You will be able to try a growler of the newest release from Samuel Adams before it’s available in bottled packs! Samuel Adams Grapefruit Rebel IPA is brewed with real grapefruit that only compliments the citrus notes from the hops. On tap just in time to bring a growler home to share with family and friends this Thanksgiving!
- November 20th, 2015 from 3-5pm at Price Chopper in Malta, NY and from 5:30-7:30pm at Market 32 in Clifton Park.
- November 21st 2015 from 12-2pm At Market 32 in Wilton, NY and Market Bistro in Latham, NY. At Price Chopper on Route 50 in Saratoga Springs and Price Chopper in Bethlehem from 2:30-4:30pm.
The next selection for the month is Goose Island’s Bourbon County Brand Stout. An imperial stout aged in a bourbon barrel, it features chocolate, vanilla, and caramel flavors. This incredibly flavorful stout is perfect for the holiday season!
- November 28th, 2015 from 12-2pm at Market Bistro, Latham, NY, Market 32 in Clifton Park and Wilton, NY, or Price Chopper in Malta, Bethlehem, or Route 50 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Let us know what your favorite brews were from this month’s tasting schedule and as always please enjoy responsibly!