Written by Sara Lilkas, Marketing Intern
February is here! The month containing the most anticipated football game of the year (if you are hosting a party check out some tips here). For the romantics out there Valentine’s Day (find Valentine’s Day ideas on our Pinterest board!) is here and for the winter sport enthusiast maybe there will finally be some snow. After all the leafless trees do look a lot prettier with a coating of snow on them! We are happy to announce that our Growler Stations are now a New York State Certified Draft Establishment! This means the tap system is properly maintained and the system is cleaned at least every two weeks. This ensures that the beer served in your growler is as flawless as the brewer intended it to be.The first weekend of February will feature a Super Magic Sunday thanks to Magic Hat! Find out all the details about this exciting tasting event below.
First up is Samuel Adams Brewery out of Boston, MA. They are featuring their Cold Snap, a seasonal brew to remind you that spring is on its way (sorry to those who really love the winter season). The Cold Snap is a white ale that features a blend of spices, as well as orange and plum notes.
Try Samuel Adams Cold Snap:
Friday February 5th, 2016
- 5-7pm Price Chopper in Malta, NY
- 5:30-7:30pm Market 32 in Clifton Park, NY
Saturday February 6th, 2016
- 12-2pm Market Bistro in Latham, NY and Market 32 in Wilton, NY
- 2:30-4:30pm Price Chopper on Route 50 in Saratoga Springs, NY and Bethlehem, NY
Super Magic Sunday is here! On February 7th, 2016 all of our growler stations will be featuring Magic Hat Brewing Company’s Single Chair Golden Ale! Part of Magic Hat’s spring seasonal line, the Single Chair Golden Ale is a smooth drinkable beer featuring a bready aroma and a malt forward flavor. Now it wouldn’t be Super Magic Sunday without a Super Magic deal! After you try Magic Hat’s Single Chair Golden Ale and LOVE IT, take it home in a growler or better yet a free growler! Get a 64oz Magic Hat growler for free when filled with Magic Hat Single Chair Golden Ale for $8.99!
The tasting for Magic Hat Single Chair Golden Ale is from 11am-3pm at all locations with Growler Stations, but you can receive your free Magic Hat Growler with purchase all day while supplies last.
The next tasting at the growler station will feature the Switchback Ale. Switchback Ale is a staple at the growler station, so if you have yet to get a growler of Switchback now is the perfect opportunity to try it! Switchback Brewing Company is based out of Burlington, Vermont and all Switchback beers are carbonated during the fermentation process for a 100% naturally conditioned beer.
Try Switchback Ale:
Thursday February 11th, 2016
- 4-6pm Price Chopper in Malta, NY
Friday February 12th, 2016
- 4-6pm Market 32 in Wilton, NY
- 6:30-8:30 pm Price Chopper on Route 50 in Saratoga Springs, NY
Saturday February 13th, 2016
- 12-2pm Market 32 in Clifton Park, NY
- 2:30-4:30pm Market Bistro in Latham, NY
- 5-7pm Price Chopper in Bethlehem, NY
The next tasting features the very versatile Ommegang Brewery from Cooperstown, NY. Ommegang’s Rosetta is made in conjunction with Ommegang’s sister brewery in Belgium, Leifmans. The Rosetta uses Belgian brewing methods of creating fruit beers to create a unique brew for craft beer connoisseurs in the United States.
Try Ommegang’s Rosetta:
Friday February 19th, 2016
- 5-7pm Market 32 in Clifton Park, NY and Price Chopper in Malta, NY
Saturday February 20th, 2016
- 2-4pm Market 32 in Wilton, NY and Market Bistro in Latham, NY
- 4:30-6:30pm Price Chopper on Route 50 in Saratoga Springs NY and Bethlehem, NY
The last tasting of February will once again be featuring Magic Hat. In its return to the market the Magic Hat Scotch ale is a smoky beer, infused with maple flavors.
Try Magic Hat Scotch Ale:
Friday February 26th, 2016
- 3:30-5:30 Price Chopper in Malta and Bethlehem, NY and Market Bistro in Latham, NY
Saturday February 27th, 2016
- 11:30am-1:30pm at Price Chopper on Route 50 in Saratoga Springs, NY
- 12-2pm at Market 32 in Clifton Park, NY
- 2-4pm at Market 32 in Wilton, NY
Please enjoy responsibly, we will see you in March!
 Available while supplies last
 Price Chopper stores in Malta, Bethlehem, and on Route 50 in Saratoga Springs, NY. Market Bistro in Latham, NY. Market 32 in Wilton and Clifton Park, NY.