Happy Thanksgiving! From Our Family to Yours!
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year to get together with your family, friends and loved ones. As you gather to celebrate what makes you truly thankful, Price Chopper & Market 32 want to make it easier for you to prepare and enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner!
Let us help you with tips, recipes and party planning options so you can focus on what makes you thankful (and not stressed!).
THANKSGIVING DINNER PLANNING
The Weekend Before:
- You’ll need to decide what you’re preparing, and let others know if you’d like them to bring a dish!
- Assigning dishes ahead of time allows for family members to know what they are expected to bring. And if you don’t need them to bring anything, you can suggest something like delicious PICS Sparkling Juice. For the kids, it makes them feel like an adult, and for the adults…well, it also makes for a great mixer!
- Develop your shopping list. You can do this right on pricechopper.com!
- Shop for items that can be purchased ahead of time.
- Stock your pantry with canned goods and non-perishable items.
- Extra napkins, cups or even silverware is a good idea, just in case!
- Prepare and freeze anything that can be made in advance.
- Grab any type of party game for a fun family activity (board games, Jenga, or cards)!
The Days leading up to Thanksgiving:
- Now is the time to purchase any of your fresh items!
- Make sure you leave enough time to thaw your turkey, if you’re buying a frozen one. More tips on that here!
- Set your table and serving areas
- You can set your table, including your utensils ahead of time
- Set up your beverage area
- Measure out any non-perishable ingredients for recipes, cover and set aside in order to make the next day of cooking easier!
The BIG Day: THANKSGIVING
- Click here to view our We Know Turkey Guide
- This handy brochure has information about appropriate roasting times for the size of your turkey. Be sure to include 30-45 minutes rest time when calculating.
Early in The Day
- Make up a “menu” and set it in a place where everyone who is helping to cook can see. That way, no food gets left off the table and you don’t have to worry about forgetting anything!
- Remove the turkey from refrigerator, unwrap and remove the giblets. If you are using the giblets for anything, make sure you set them aside.
- Wash turkey and place in roasting pan. Refrigerate until ready to roast.
- Pick up any prepared food
4-6 hours before Serving
- Peel and cut potatoes. Cover with cold water until ready to cook.
- Prepare stuffing
2 hours before Serving
- Cook giblets if using
- Plate condiments such as cranberry sauce, olives, carrots, celery and pickles
- Add any finishing touches to make-ahead recipes
1 hour before Serving
- Remove turkey from oven and allow to rest
- Place stuffing in oven to bake (unless stuffed in turkey)
- Drain potatoes, add salt and fresh water. Cook, drain and mash. Place in ovenproof casserole dish and keep warm in oven
- Make gravy
15 minutes before Serving
- Carve turkey
- Bake rolls (according to instructions)
- Pour beverages
- Place condiments on table
- Add any finishing touches to side dishes
- Light candles
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!