Price Chopper and Market 32 can help with your Easter celebration – from planning that Easter brunch or dinner to creating a unique basket your children will love!
Activities for Kids
Nothing is more special than creating lasting memories with your children and/or grandchildren. Plan crafts to involve them in preparing for Easter, as well as a few games the day of. Coloring and decorating eggs and Easter Egg Hunts are among the most popular along with the Easter Egg Roll, the most famous of which takes place on the White house lawn every year!
Egg Coloring and Decorating
- Keep in mind these food safety tips if dyeing eggs for fun or for an egg hunt:
- Wash hands with warm water and soap before and after handling eggs
- Use only eggs that have been refrigerated and discard eggs that are cracked or dirty
- After hard cooking, dye eggs with food-safe coloring and return them to the refrigerator within 2 hours
- Fun egg decorating ideas can be found here.
Easter Egg Hunt
- Hold outside if weather permits so the kids can run and enjoy the outdoors
- Decorate the house or yard with helium balloons, streamers, paper cutouts of eggs and rabbits, and bunny paw prints
- Estimate approximately one dozen eggs per child
- Fill multicolored plastic eggs with jelly beans, chocolate eggs, small toys, and money (my kids especially loved this as they got older (quarters, fifty-cent pieces and dollar bills)
- Give the children baskets for the Easter egg hunt or have them decorate a paper bag with colored markers and stickers
May your Easter be filled with the love of family and friends, and all the joy this holiday is symbolic of!
Author: Maureen Rowan Murphy, Manager Consumer Trends, Nutrition and Lifestyles