Ellie Wilson, MS, RDN Senior Nutritionist
Mom is Always Right
“Eat your vegetables!” “Get plenty of sleep!” “Get outside for some fresh air and exercise!” “Stop and smell the roses!”…..I am pretty sure your Mom shared at least one of these pearls of wisdom sometime in your life. What I have also heard from so many moms is they are so busy taking care of everyone else, they have a tough time taking time for themselves! Mother’s Day, May 12th, kicks off National Women’s Health week. It would be exciting to see Moms of all ages consider one small change they could make that would improve their own health, literally teaching their children well. One of the best gifts for Mom is knowing her family is healthy and happy. Check out some of the ways we can help you and your family make those “Mom-isms” come to life right at Price Chopper and Market 32!
- Eat your veggies (and fruit!) – Sooo many ways to enjoy more produce – like these Thai Shrimp Stuffed Avocados on our YouTube channel! The amazing range of choices in the Produce department will inspire you! Need a Mother’s Day idea? How about a yummy fresh fruit cup for breakfast, or a beautiful fruit salad for brunch!
- Go outside and exercise – with the new ear buds for your walking play list on your phone! Find them in general merchandise.
- Get some sleep – Put together a basket of lovely herbal decaf teas to help Mom dial back stress and promote refreshing sleep! Add a surprise gift card or two!
- Flowers for Mom –Bring the outside in, enjoy the aromatherapy of smelling those roses, fresh scents and beautiful colors of fresh flowers. Kids can make their own bouquets for Mom on Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 3 PM!
- Plant the idea of better health with an indoor plant, a new plant for your garden, or growing some herbs on your windowsill. Our Floral team has plants and seeds galore in the store!